Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Munch

These updates wouldn't be right if I didn't do a post solely dedicated to food. Am I right or am I right. This is a mish mash of things that have gone into my mouth, in no order of sorts.


A veggie box at Borough Market. Was so bummed we didn't finish the whole market. 


Got this box of grills just before leaving the market. Prawns here don't taste as nice as the ones back home. 


Foodilic at Western Road. The 'upgraded' version of the buffet on North Street. Their kale salad was delightful and the cauliflower was yummy, but it stretches the poor student's pocket so I'll just stick to the buffet that I've gone to. Four times since I've been here.


Look at my Moomin sweats. I adore them. 
I spent my entire weekend in them.
I also spent my entire weekend being all degrees Asian, starting with a breakfast of steamed eggs and bamboo pith soup because I just really want Mummy's home made soups. I've gone for a month without lotus root. I'm adding that to my resume of life achievements.


Processing: minestrone soup.


Sundried tomatoes and pimento stuffed olives for lunch today. Got these at the Farmer's Market.


Chicken in spicy preserved beancurd over a bed of spring greens, which taste a lot like kailan. Only 69p too!


Enamel plates are a life saver here. This was a night of roasted vegetables from whatever I could reach for in my over-stuffed shelf.


Reminiscing the last of my kamut puff rations. More should be coming in a day or two, because Joy and I placed a massive iHerb order. Breakfast will be in order again. Meanwhile, I've made pancakes and sweet potato brownies this week. 


The Farmer's Market in school. 


Anthony's massive carrot cake that smelled delightful but didn't attract me. I took this photo for Mum because, Mum, carrot cakes.


Lemon sole at Regency. A lovely seafood place for good prices too.


A pulled pork sandwich Mum had at the Brighton & Hove Food Festival. 


My first taste of Foodilic, a take-away box from the branch at Western Road before I discovered the buffet on the other end of the street.


Poached pears and chicken salad in London. This was blow-my-mind standard. I loved it. 


Behold, I had to save the best for last. The mighty buffet I've been raving about throughout this whole post. I will never tire.


One of my many, many, many, many, many plates there.

No comments:

Post a Comment